Careers At CIM
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.
The following employment opportunities are currently available:
The Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM) is seeking a Marketing Manager who will work with an energetic and creative marketing communications team to build awareness of CIM in local, national and international markets. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager will help build and execute marketing plans to increase awareness and participation in student recruitment, fundraising and concert attendance. The Marketing Manager will incorporate digital marketing, social media and direct mail efforts into new audience development and prospective student marketing. This position requires the ability to create and execute integrated marketing plans, exceptional writing skills and interest in working as part of a creative team. The Marketing Manager must also possess superior project management skills as the main project manager for key institute-wide marketing projects.
- Build marketing plans geared to build awareness among specific audience groups that include measurable goals and project timelines
- Manage projects within the department and with members of departments throughout the institute; overseeing projects from production through distribution
- Draft high quality communications, including promotional copy, website and social media content and e-communications
- Work with community groups to build audience
- Work with outside vendors to secure ad placement and direct mail distribution
- Develop and maintain process for measuring project success through analytics
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field of study preferred
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, marketing communications or a related field
- Experience with digital marketing techniques and analytics
- Possess acute attention to detail and a commitment to a final quality product
- Ability to write clear, concise communications appropriate to a variety of targeted audiences
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Desire to work in fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume online at www.cim.edu/positions by April 13, 2015.
Director of Human Resources
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 219
Please be sure to check the job listing you are interested in, as hiring contacts may vary by position.
Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
CIM@CMA | Music in the Galleries
May 6, 2015, 6:00 pm
Cleveland Museum of Art
Students from CIM and the CWRU early music program present a wide range of repertoire in this series of early evening performances.
Presented in collaboration with the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Case Western Reserve University Music Department.
Cleveland Museum of Art | 11150 East Blvd, University Circle
Preparatory: Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony Concert
May 6, 2015, 7:00 pm
Brecksville/Broadview Heights High School Performing Arts Center, 6380 Mill Rd., Broadview Heights
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony II – Concert Winds
Daniel Crain, conductor
Preparatory Honors Recital
May 9, 2015, 7:00 pm
The Preparatory and Continuing Education division is pleased to present some of its finest students in a gala recital.