CIM's Vision, Mission, Commitments, and Goals
(From the 2010 strategic plan)
To be the center for the education of the complete musician of the 21st Century
The mission of the Cleveland Institute of Music is to cultivate new generations of young musicians through an immersive and creative educational process, guiding the most musically talented individuals as rapidly as possible towards fulfilling careers that engage diverse and global audiences, stimulating the understanding and love of music throughout the world.
In support of this mission:
- CIM is committed to the education of the complete and vital musician who will participate in the creation and performance of the new repertoire which will build a fresh, new and diverse international audience for classical music. The future of great music lies in the accomplishment of this task, as well as a firm commitment to the mastery and fresh interpretation of the classics.
- CIM is committed to attracting the most musically talented individuals at the youngest possible age, guiding them as rapidly as possible through their transformation from student to master.
- CIM is committed to being a resource for the community, with training for individuals of all ages and abilities.
- CIM is committed to incorporating new technologies to complement and enhance the lives and education of its students, maintaining a consistently global context for their musical awareness and their future life and career choices.
- CIM maintains that critical thinking, reading and persuasive writing will be determinate in the life and career journeys of its students and that a liberal arts education contributes to a broad, humanistic perspective for its students.
- CIM is committed to breaking down the barrier between composition and performance by encouraging students to master both disciplines. Its distinguished faculty aims to develop the full artistic potential of all of its students through performance and teaching.
- Create the environment that grows the complete musician
- Establish a global community and audience for the complete musician through collaboration
- Build a differentiated global CIM brand
- Develop a sustainable infrastructure for CIM
Download the CIM Vision, Mission, and Commitments as a PDF.
Marketing and Communications
Director of Marketing and Communications
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 222
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 225
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 587
Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. Building hours may differ; check concert listings for performance times.
CIM Orchestra @ Home
September 17, 2014, 8:00 pm
Cleveland Institute of Music Orchestra
Carl Topilow, conductor
Wesley Skinner, cello, student artist
September 26, 2014, 8:00 pm
Ivan Zenaty, violin
The Next Generation
October 8, 2014, 11:30 am
Westwood Country Club, 22625 Detroit Rd, Rocky River
A CIM Women's Committee Musical Luncheon