Financial Aid: For Former Students

And Current Students with Prior Loans

After you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment, you have a period of time before you have to begin repayment. This "grace period" will be:

  • Six months for a Federal (FFEL) or Direct Stafford Loan
  • Nine months for Federal Perkins Loans
  • 12 months for CIM Institutional Loan

PLUS Loans don't have a grace period. However, Graduate PLUS Loans will generally follow the same 6 month grace as the Stafford Loan, but you may need to follow up with your servicer if that is not happening. Parent PLUS Loan borrowers will need to submit an in-school deferment form so their repayment can be delayed until the student the loans were for is no longer enrolled at least half time (see form below).

Get Your Federal Loan Information

The U.S. Department of Education's National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) allows you to access information on loan and/or federal grant amounts, your loan status (including outstanding balances), and disbursements made. Go to Your federal PIN used for the FAFSA will grant you access to your record. Here is where you can see who is servicing your loan(s) and where you can find the contact information for each. This is a site that any Stafford and/or PLUS borrower should become familiar.

For Direct Stafford and PLUS Loans:
If you have questions about your Direct Loans, you can go online to find the answers. As of 7/1/10, all schools are now fully Direct Loan and none are FFEL. Loans that used to be in the FFEL program have all been forwarded to one of the federal loan servicers. A list of all federal loan servicers is found here: As soon as new loans are disbursed, they automatically get funneled to one of those servicers, who should then be contacting the borrower. Due to the timing of batch processing between your school, Direct Loans and your eventual servicer, it may take 1-3 months for the loan data to reach your final servicer and for them to contact you.

As noted above, you can log into to see where your loans are being serviced now. Also, is a great source of information about loans and includes a link directly to NSLDS. There, you can find all relevant information regarding repayment options, as well as deferments, forbearances, etc.

For Perkins Loans:
If you had a Federal Perkins Loan while attending CIM, please contact the servicer, Campus Partners, at 1-800-334-8609 or for information about payments, deferments, address changes, etc. If you had a Perkins loan at another school, send any completed deferment paperwork to that school, not CIM.

For CIM Loans:
If you had a CIM Institutional Loan while attending CIM, please contact the servicer, Campus Partners, at 1-800-334-8609 or for information about payments, deferments, address changes, etc.

For Private or Alternative Loans: If you had any non-Federal private loans, they will not appear on your NSLDS loan history and generally are not included in the Loan Exit Counseling you received when you left school. You need to contact the lender/guarantor directly for information about these loans.

Deferment Forms & Default

In School Deferment Forms:
If you are enrolled at another school at least half-time, you may qualify for an in-school deferment of your prior loans. In addition, other conditions for deferment may apply to you; consult the government's list to see if any of these apply to you. At CIM, all school certifications for in-school deferment forms are handled by the Registrar's Office.

See our defaulting page for information on what to do if you are failing to pay your loans per their agreed-upon conditions, including the possible consequences of going into default and ways to avoid it.

Financial Aid Office

Fax: 216.707.4519

Kristine Gripp

Director of Financial Aid

p. 216.795.3192


Lindsey Sobeck

Financial Aid Assistant (Mon, Wed, Fri)

p. 216.795.3166


Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon & 1:00 pm to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.

NetPartner is the online Financial Aid system used at CIM. This site will be your main reference point once you are have formally applied to CIM and/or are a currently enrolled student:

The CIM School Code for the FAFSA is 003031.

The CIM School Code for the CSS PROFILE is 1124.

Important Forms

FAFSA - required each year to apply for or to renew aid for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens. For 2010-11 applicants, the due date is February 15, 2010. The returning student due date for the 2010-11 FAFSA is March 1, 2010.

Transfer Clearance Form - required of any applicant who will NOT have completed their current degree at their prior school before enrolling at CIM. Also required if you have previously deposited and signed an Intent to Enroll Form with another school (this may happen if you are wait-listed at CIM, and accepted another school's offer in the meantime).

See all forms on the Financial Aid Forms & Links page.

Useful Links

NetPartner is Temporarily Unavailable

There are no processes for applicants or current students that require NetPartner access at this time. If you have any questions, please contact the CIM Financial Aid Office at 216-795-3192 or Thank you for your patience.

NetPartner: CIM's online financial aid system. Students must be an active applicant for admission to CIM or be a current CIM student to have a NetPartner account.

CIM Catalog: for more details pertaining to CIM's rules, regulations and policies for subjects related to Financial Aid and other areas. You can see our policies on Academic and Artistic Progress requirements and probation, Withdrawals, Leave of Absence, etc.

NSLDS: the National Student Loan Data System site allows you to view your complete federal loan and Pell grant history

Ohio Grant Aid: site for students and parents about Ohio student aid.

5-Year Calendar: CIM / Case five-year calendar from the Case Western Reserve University Registrar's Office.

See many more financial aid resources on the Financial Aid Forms & Links page.