Distance learning programs at CIM connect in real time to teachers and students through high-speed video conferencing technology.
Web-based and other multimedia materials augment each videoconference connection. Programming is offered in four areas:
- Pure Music, which includes music master classes, courses in music theory and Dalcroze Eurhythmics, early childhood music education, music proficiency for young musicians, and special programs on music history and literature.
- K-12 Interdisciplinary, which includes programs specially designed for science, language arts, and history classes. These programs target specific academic proficiency skills while enlivening the curriculum with music and musical ideas.
- Professional Development, which provides valuable courses for educators, performers, music administrators and distance learning program administrators.
- Community Service, which provides music resources to hospitals, nursing homes and other community venues.
For more information on Distance Learning, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
CIM distance learning programs are supported in part by:
- The Cleveland Foundation
- George Gund Foundation
- Key Foundation
- Kulas Foundation
- Martha Holden Jennings Foundation
- Ohio eTech