Resources By Topic: Style Guides
- Citing Music Sources in your Essay and Bibliography (Univ. of Western Ontario) * Librarian's choice
- Assembling a List of Works (Duke Univ.)
- Citation Styles for electronic resources (Bedford/St. Martin)
- Citation Guide (Concordia Univ.)
- Using MLA format (Purdue Univ. Writing Lab)
- Using APA format (Purdue Univ. Writing Lab)
Style Manuals in the Robinson Music Library
- Turabian, Kate L. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. 6th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996.
- CIM Reference LB 2369.T84m 1996
- CIM Reserve LB 2369.T84m 1996
- CIM Stacks LB 2369 T84m 1987 (5th edition)
- The Chicago Manual of Style. 13 ed. rev. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1982.
- CIM Reference Z 253.Un3c 1982
- Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. 3rd ed. New York: MLA, 1988.
- CIM Reference LB 2369 G35m 1988
Conservatory students and faculty members have access to RefWorks, a bibliographic citation management program "designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies."
Researchers can set up individual accounts in RefWorks where they can organize and compile bibliographies for specific projects. RefWorks is compatible with a variety of online research databases, such as RILM Abstracts of Music, WorldCat, and JSTOR. Researchers can export selected sources from these databases directly into RefWorks.
If you have any questions about RefWorks, please contact Laurie Lake, reference librarian.
Inter-Library Loan info used to borrow resources held by non-Case/CIM Libraries.
Submit a request for the library to purchase a resource.
Request a part from the Orchestra Library.
The Next Generation
October 8, 2014, 11:30 am
Westwood Country Club, 22625 Detroit Rd, Rocky River
A CIM Women's Committee Musical Luncheon
Orchestra | CIM@HOME
October 8, 2014, 8:00 pm
Cleveland Institute of Music Orchestra
Carl Topilow, conductor
Rebekah Efthimiou, harp, student artist
UCWE/CWRU Symphonic Winds Concert
October 12, 2014, 3:00 pm
University Circle Wind Ensemble
CWRU Symphonic Winds
Dr. Gary M. Ciepluch, conductor
Music of Hindemith, Sparke, Camphouse and Orff