A list of library & related resources for CIM faculty members.
- Course Reserves lists
- In-class presentations: Faculty members who assign in-class presentations are encouraged to submit a list of student names and presentation dates to email@example.com prior to the first presentation date. Submitting a list will enable students in your class to have the option of checking material out of the library for in-class presentations. Students will not be permitted to check out media without sufficient faculty notification to the library. Library media may be picked up 30 minutes before class by students and is due 30 minutes after class.
- Request an instruction sesson: Laurie Lake, Reference Librarian, is available to develop and teach classes about specific resources in music. Instruction sessions can be custom designed to address key library resources and skills for a class assignment. Contact Laurie to schedule a library session for your class.
- Request a purchase: Does your class require that students have access to specific resources? Please use the RequestIt form to ask that these resoures be purchased for the library's collection. Contact Janet Winzenburger, Acquisitions Librarian with any questions.
- Resources for deterring plagiarism
- Setting up required listening playlists: Faculty can set up online class playlists in Naxos Music Library and Classical Music Library, two of the library's online subscription resources. Please contact Denise Green to set up a user name and password for class playlists.
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music||Musical America|
|Grove Music Online||Orchestral Music Online|
|IPA Source||Oxford Music Online|
|Music in Print||RILM Abstracts of Music|
|Music Index||RISM A/II|
|Note: For a comprehensive list of online research tools in all disciplines, see Research Databases, from CWRU Libraries|
- Browse DVD / Video Database
- CIM Dissertations (PDF)
- Cleveland Orchestra Program Notes
- CIM Repertoire Database: The CIM Repertoire Database provides an authoritative listing of composers (with dates), titles, and movements of orchestral pieces and chamber works most likely to be programmed at CIM. It is designed to aid students, faculty and staff by providing accurate information for program production.
- Journal Holdings (print & electronic) at the Robinson & Kulas Music Libraries