The Robinson Music Library's Media Center, located on the lower level of the library, contains all CIM Library media, including CIM concert and recital recordings as well as commercial audio/visual recordings.
Individual media carrels and 2 group rooms are equipped with Universal Logitech remotes, allowing users to seamlessly play different media formats, with one remote.
Six of the 24 media carrels are also equipped with PCs for online listening. A media assistant is always on duty during library hours to help find or play media.
Our extensive performance collection includes:
- Over 15,000 commercial compact discs
- Over 800 commercial DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and videocassettes - browse our DVD / Video Database.
- LPs, videocassettes, and laserdiscs of historic performances not available on modern formats.
- CIM Performance collection CD and DVD of faculty recitals, opera and orchestral concerts, and a selection of CIM master classes
- Online subscriptions to Classical Music Library, Naxos, DRAM, and Opera in Video.
Make the most of the Media Center:
- Practice or give small group PowerPoint Presentations on a large flat screen monitor, by hooking up your laptop in a small group media room.
- Share your iPod or MP3 music with a group by asking a Media Assistant to stream it to a group room or media carrel.
- Let the Media Center host your class for group media presentations. A single recording or video may be streamed to multiple group rooms and/or listening carrels to accommodate small- or medium-sized classes.
- View/listen to recorded auditions, lessons, or performances in the privacy of a small group media room.
- Share music with a friend in a relaxed atmosphere in a small group listening room or with a splitter.
Inter-Library Loan info used to borrow resources held by non-Case/CIM Libraries.
Submit a request for the library to purchase a resource.
Request a part from the Orchestra Library.