The Annual Fund
Every gift to the CIM Annual Fund plays an important role in bridging the gap between operating expenses and tuition and endowment revenues, enabling CIM to provide excellent educational resources and scholarships for students. Your gift to the Annual Fund supports:
- Students: More than 3,000 talented students have graduated from CIM's accredited degree programs. CIM alumni perform in major orchestras and opera companies and hold prominent teaching positions around the world.
- Faculty: The best faculty attract the best students - and CIM's faculty are world-class! Our faculty members enjoy international recognition and are sought after as master teachers in their fields. Thirty-eight members of The Cleveland Orchestra are CIM alumni and thirty-nine serve on the CIM faculty.
- Resources: CIM ensures the success of its students by offering state-of-the-art technology, including a library media center, recording services and electronic music equipment.
- Education and Outreach Programs: More than 1,600 children and adults receive music instruction at CIM each year. CIM students perform outreach concerts in schools, nursing homes and civic organizations across the region.
- Concerts and Special Events: Over 500 concerts and events are presented annually by students, faculty and visiting artists; the majority are free and open to the public.
- Distance Learning: Using high-speed videoconferencing, CIM faculty use music to teach subjects such as math, science and geography to K-12 grade students across the country. Master classes allow conservatory students in other locations to have access to CIM instructors, and CIM students to study with distinguished artists around the world.
Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Development Officer,Annual Fund
Development Officer, Grant Development and Stewardship
October 29, 2014, 8:00 pm
Marla Berg, soprano, guest artist
Tanya Ell, cello, guest artist
Robert Woolfrey, clarinet, guest artist
Jason Smith, trombone
Linda Jones, piano
Ralitsa Georgieva-Smith, piano
New Music Series Symposium
November 1, 2014, 1:30 pm
James Mobberley, guest composer
Preparatory: Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony Concert
November 2, 2014, 3:00 pm
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony I
Dr. Gary M. Ciepluch, conductor
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony II – Symphonic Winds
Melissa Lichtler, conductor
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony II – Concert Winds
Daniel Crain, conductor