The CIM Alumni Association unites graduates and former students in support of CIM and its educational goals. For more information about alumni programs and activities, visit our Alumni page.
Students of Alumni Recitals - register your students now!
Don't miss this opportunity to have your students play in CIM's Mixon Hall! The Annual Students of Alumni Recitals are set for Sunday, June 14, 2015. All recitals are free and open to the public.
CIM alumni who teach in the area are invited to have up to three students/ensembles perform, with the length of time not exceeding 10 minutes for all three performances combined.
Three recitals times are available: 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, and 5:30 pm. Performers are expected to utilize an accompanist when necessary, and will be responsible for providing their own. Assistance with referral is available should any difficulties arise.
If you are interested in having your students participate, please fill out the registration form and email one for each student/ensemble to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hard copy to:
Char Rapoport Nance
Cleveland Institute of Music
11021 East Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44106
While the deadline for submission is May 1, participation availability will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Please direct any additional general questions and scheduling issues to Ariel Clayton.
Appropriate recital attire and a strongly committed approach to musical preparation are encouraged. We hope you'll consider this an incredible opportunity for your students to give a great performance in a beautiful setting.
Do you know any CIM alumni who might be interested -- but may not be seeing this? Please forward this announcement or send their email addresses to email@example.com. We appreciate your assistance in helping us reach out to the extended CIM Alumni family.
All Alumni are Members of the Alumni Association
All CIM Conservatory graduates are members of the Association. No membership dues are required. Member benefits include:
- Financial assistance for travel to auditions and competitions during first years after graduation.
- Special invitations to CIM concerts and events.
- Access to CIM Alumni Facebook group
- Recording services at CIM at student rates.
- Reduced rates for use of CIM facilities.
- 10% discount on music for personal use purchased at the CIM Music Store.
- Full borrowing privileges at the Robinson Music Library for alumni living in the area.
- Reduced rates for tax preparation, financial planning and accounting at Einstein and Burt Company.
CIM Alumni Association Officers
- President: Liz Huff (B.M. 1998, M.M. 1999, Voice)
- Vice President and Treasurer: Christopher Toth (B.M. 1988, A.D. 1989, Organ)
- Secretary: Tina Beltavski (B.M. 1992, M.M. 1994, Voice)
- Past President: Loren Toplitz (M.M. 2001, Trumpet)
CIM Staff liaison
Char Rapoport Nance
Development Officer, Alumni and Parent Relations
Alumni Association board members and guests at the 2014 Alumni Association Annual Meeting.
All CIM graduates - and those who attended for two years or more and left in good standing - are members of the Alumni Association. Would you like to get involved and help us reach out to alumni around the country and across the world? Consider joining the CIM Alumni Association Board of Directors. For more information, contact Liz Huff, president of the Alumni Association, or Char Rapoport Nance, development officer, Alumni and Parent Relations.