The CIM Alumni Association unites graduates and former students in support of CIM and its educational goals. For more information about alumni programs and activities, visit our Alumni page.
Lunch & Listen Recital Series
Please join us when the CIM Alumni Association presents the 2014 Lunch & Listen Recital Series Tuesdays in July, 12:30pm.
Guests are welcome to come early, bring their lunch, and enjoy it in the Student Lounge or on the CIM patio. Complimentary beverages will be available.
Then join us at 12:30pm in Mixon Hall for a special lunchtime performance by some of our talented alumni.
Marshall Griffith, piano (BM '75, MM '77)
Linda White, flute (MM '89)
Brian Sweigart, percussion and vibraphone (BM '05)
Dean Newton, bass, guest artist
Music in this concert arranged by Marshall Griffith
Ariel Clayton, violin (BM '10, MM '11)
Erica Snowden, cello (BM '10, MM '12)
Amitai Vardi, clarinet (MM '02)
Olga Gorelik, piano (BM '05, MM '07, AD '10)
Maggie Morrison, piano (BM '12, MM '14)
Chamber music featuring clarinet, piano, violin, and cello
Dr. Timothy Kalil, piano (BM '74, MM '76)
Ed Michaels, saxaphone, guest artist
Chris Toth, piano (BM '88, AD '89)
Denise Brewster Fink, harp (BM '91)
Alumni Association Benefit - it's a big hit!
The Beat Goes On, the March 9 concert to benefit the CIM Alumni Association, was a big hit, with more than a hundred music lovers enjoying both the talents of our alumni performers and the delicious dessert reception catered by event sponsor Great Lakes Brewing Company.
Click here to see pictures.
Performers included Jinjoo Cho, Daniel Lim, Hyun Soo Kim, Mell Csicsila, Bruce Golden, Michael Jarrett, Matt Larson and Dylan Moffitt, who also coordinated the talent for the concert. Lisa Boyko was the event chair.
All Alumni are Members of the Alumni Association
All CIM Conservatory graduates are members of the Association. No membership dues are required. Member benefits include:
- Financial assistance for travel to auditions and competitions during first years after graduation.
- Special invitations to CIM concerts and events.
- Access to CIM Alumni Facebook group
- Recording services at CIM at student rates.
- Reduced rates for use of CIM facilities.
- 10% discount on music for personal use purchased at the CIM Music Store.
- Full borrowing privileges at the Robinson Music Library for alumni living in the area.
- Reduced rates for tax preparation, financial planning and accounting at Einstein and Burt Company.
CIM Alumni Association Officers
- President: Liz Huff (B.M. 1998, M.M. 1999, Voice)
- Vice President and Interim Treasurer: Christopher Toth (B.M. 1988, A.D. 1989, Organ)
- Secretary: Tina Beltavski (B.M. 1992, M.M. 1994, Voice)
- Past President: Loren Toplitz (M.M. 2001, Trumpet)
CIM Staff liaison
Char Rapoport Nance
Development Officer, Alumni and Parent Relations
Alumni Association board members and guests at the 2014 Alumni Association Annual Meeting.
All CIM graduates - and those who attended for two years or more and left in good standing - are members of the Alumni Association. Would you like to get involved and help us reach out to alumni around the country and across the world? Consider joining the CIM Alumni Association Board of Directors. For more information, contact Liz Huff, president of the Alumni Association, or Char Rapoport Nance, development officer, Alumni and Parent Relations.
Alumni and Parent Relations
President, CIM Alumni Association
September 26, 2014, 8:00 pm
Ivan Zenaty, violin
The Next Generation
October 8, 2014, 11:30 am
Westwood Country Club, 22625 Detroit Rd., Rocky River
A CIM Women's Committee Musical Luncheon
CIM OPERA THEATER
November 5, 2014, 7:30 pm
HANDEL AlcinaDavid Bamberger, directorCleveland Institute of Music OrchestraHarry Davidson, conductor