For more than 70 years, the Women's Committee has proudly supported the talented young musicians of the Conservatory.
The Women's Committee is one of CIM's greatest sources of support, providing time, talent and treasure. Its 200+ members are an important resource for students. They strive to make musicians feel welcomed and supported from the students' first audition until they walk across the stage at Commencement.
With a mission to support and strengthen the Cleveland Institute of Music and its students, the Women's Committee consists of the general membership and an elected Board of Directors.
Members of the Committee dedicate their time and efforts to add to the allure and history of CIM by providing the greater Cleveland community with opportunities to experience the talents of CIM students and faculty.
The Women's Committee conducts the following signature activities:
Please consider joining this vibrant group and making a difference in the lives of young musicians. Your $45 membership fee entitles you to the following benefits:
- Invitations to Musical Luncheons and special CIM events
- Subscriptions to CIM publications, including Notes magazine (quarterly) and electronic publications eNotes (monthly) and the Women's Committee's Musical Musings (quarterly)
- Opportunities to assist Conservatory and Preparatory Division students
- Inclusion in our membership directory
Download a membership form here or call 216.791.5000, ext. 360 to learn more.
Women's Committee Officers
- President: Linda Harper
- First Vice President: Margot Davidson
- Second Vice President: Ellen Thomas
- Third Vice President: Doris Sopher
- Corresponding Secretary: Idarose Luntz
- Recording Secretary: Sue Marston
- Treasurer: Margaret Weitzel
- Assistant/Benefit Treasurer: Kara Girvin
Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Director, Concerts and Events
March 16, 2014, 4:00 pm
The Temple-Tifereth Israel (26000 Shaker Blvd., Beachwood)
Influences and Inspirations III: The Musical Friendship of Mozart and Haydn
CAVANI STRING QUARTET
CHAMBER MUSIC MASTER CLASSES
March 19, 2014, 10:00 am
Kulas Hall, Mixon Hall
Takács Quartet, guest artists
Edward Dusinberre, violin
Károly Schranz, violin
Geraldine Walther, viola
András Fejér, cello
CIM+MOCA: SUDDENLY IT'S EVENING
March 20, 2014, 8:00 pm
MOCA (11400 Euclid Ave., Cleveland)
Pre-concert reception at 7:30 p.m.
CIM New Music Ensemble
Keith Fitch, director