Lunch and Listen
Join us again this summer for free noon time concerts featuring CIM alumni on Tuesdays in July.
Lunch and Listen concerts will begin at 12:30 pm on Tuesdays, July 5, 12, 19 and 26 in Mixon Hall. Guests are invited to enjoy their brown bag lunch on the terrace or in the lounge beginning at 11am. Beverages will be provided.
This year’s concerts, which generally last about an hour, will include:
- July 5 – Classical Revolution Cleveland, featuring alumni Ariel Clayton Karas, Andris Koh and Andrea Belding on violin, viola and cello.
- July 12 – A string quartet of the U.S. Army Band, "Pershing's Own," featuring CIM alumni SFC Marlisa del Cid Woods and SFC Ben Wensel, CIM Young Artist Program alumna SS Catherine Miller Gerhiser and guest artist SS Nick Hodges.
- July 19 – Christmas in July, featuring alumni Marshall Griffith, Liz Huff, Linda White and Virginia Crabtree.
- July 26 – CIM alumnus Ben Malkevitch, piano, playing All-American Gems, including works by MacDowell, Barber, Bauer and Bernstein.
2016 Alumni Honorees
Congratulations to Jorja Fleezanis, the 2016 CIM Distinguished Alumnus, and Kathryn Brown, the 2016 Alumni Achievement honoree. Both will be recognized at this year's Honors Convocation, Friday, May 13, 4pm, in Mixon Hall. All alumni are welcome to attend and stay for the reception immediately following the ceremony.
• Learn more about Jorja Fleezanis, Professor of Music (Violin) and Henry A. Upper Chair in Orchestral Studies at the Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University – Bloomington.
• Learn more about Kathryn Brown, head of the CIM Piano Department.
Travel Assistance for CIM Alumni
Travel assistance is available to CIM alumni for employment auditions and certain other professional development opportunities through the Office of Alumni Relations. Financial assistance is available for professional job interviews, auditions, competitions, professional seminars and workshops. Travel assistance funding is not available for any opportunity where the alumnus is paid to attend, regardless of the size of the payment.
Decisions will be based on merit and suitability of the event. Final decisions based on the eligibility criteria will be made by one representative of the previous year’s Alumni Association board, in consult with the Office of Alumni Relations. Alumni applicants who are also current students require a recommendation from the applicant’s primary CIM teacher and the Dean’s Office. Alumni applicants will not be required to submit a teacher recommendation, but will require confirmation of alumni status. Requests for assistance can cover travel and/or lodging expenses. Each award is limited to $300. Each person may receive the award only once.
Complete the application fully and return with résumé attached. Each member of a chamber ensemble must submit a separate application. Recipients are required to write a thank you note to the office of Alumni Relations indicating the outcome of the event. Available funds are limited.
Have a new job or other exciting information to share with the CIM community? Use our News Submission form to submit information for a future issue of CIM Notes or e-notes. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Click here for information on Transcript Requests.
CIM Alumni Benefits
All Conservatory graduates of The Cleveland Institute of Music - and those attending for two or more years and leaving in good standing - have access to these alumni benefits:
- Special invitations to CIM concerts and events.
- Access to CIM Alumni Facebook group.
- Recording services at CIM at student rates.
- Reduced rates for use of CIM facilities.
- 10% discount on music for personal use purchased at the CIM Music Store.
- Full borrowing privileges at the Robinson Music Library for alumni living in the area.
Alumni Facebook Page
All CIM alumni are invited to join the Cleveland Institute of Music Alumni Facebook page. This is a closed group, with access granted only to CIM alumni. It’s a great place to catch up with CIM and your classmates. Post information about your current job, family life, or interesting observations. Catch up with old friends – and make new friends. It’s a good way to find out who else is living in your area, and to connect for gigs, networking and reminiscing. To join, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClevelandInstituteofMusicAlumni/ and ask to join the group. The Office of Alumni Relations will approve your request within one work day. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of Address
Have you moved recently, changed your email address or phone number? Please send all contact information changes to email@example.com. Thank you!