Virtual Classes for PreK-12th Grade
Through video conference technology, Virtual Learning at CIM is able to offer interactive, hands-on programs and classes for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade classrooms. With this initiative, young scholars will learn from current CIM students and world-renowned artists and pedagogues. Interdisciplinary and music education classes are available, including sessions focused on engaging students through song as well as eurhythmics classes focused on developing musical skills through movement.
Check out a sample listing of classes below, or visit CILC for our complete catalog:
- Dalcroze Eurythmics classes develop musical skill through movement. Appropriate for students of all ages.
- Fabulous Families Series is an exploratory class that introduces students to the four instrument families.
- So You Want to Be a Music Major? provides students with an interest in pursuing a music degree a unique opportunity to meet CIM students, learn from their experiences and garner advice.
- Science of Sound Jr. offers students the opportunity to discover the scientific concepts behind sound.
- Triumph Over Adversity explores Black authors and allows students to have their own poems transformed into a live music performance!
- The Planets? Suite! Students of all learning styles will be engaged listening to Gustav Holst’s “The Planets” while learning about the solar system.
The best way to ensure an easy, high-quality video conference is to have a test connection with CIM2 at least one week before the scheduled session. This is necessary for new clients, new classrooms, or your first connection of the semester.
CIM2 is happy to troubleshoot any connection problems during the test connection. We will work with your school to resolve network or system issues. If you have a videoconferencing platform (Polycom, Cisco, Tandberg, Lifesize, Aver), it will connect to our system, and we will provide an IP address to call. Education nonprofits can use a LoLa system installation. If you have a computer instead, we will provide the software (Polycom RealPresence, Zoom) best-suited for your connection. We recommend an external microphone, such as a USB condenser mic, for sufficient audio quality. In either case, you must connect the device with an Ethernet network cable, with a connection speed of at least 0.5 Mbps. Do not rely on Wi-Fi.
If you are unsure of which hardware or software to use for video conferences, get in touch with our team.