Anthony J. Slusser is a music educator and performer living in Cleveland Ohio. Known as "Mr. Anthony" among his youngest students, Slusser has taught eurhythmics at the Cleveland Institute of Music since 2010. He was appointed as head of the Eurhythmics department in the fall of 2018.
As a performer, Slusser plays keyboards and vocals for the band K Street, and plays solo piano for private events around the greater Cleveland area. In the past, he has performed with the Ohio Philharmonic Orchestra, Five One Experimental Orchestra, Tonic 5 Wind Quintet, Westerville Symphony, and Central Ohio Symphony Orchestra, and as a collaborative pianist. He also maintains a studio of young beginner and intermediate piano students.
In his free time, Slusser enjoys running, skating, gardening, cooking, crocheting, camping and composing music.
- BM, Capital University
- MM, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Teachers included Barry Kopetz (conducting), Lynda Hasseler (chorus), Cynthia Cioffari (bassoon), Steven Secan (oboe), Lynn Roseberry (voice), Gary Ciepluch (conducting), John Clouser (bassoon), Brian Sweigart (eurhythmics), Ida Mercer (cello) and Marshall Griffith (piano/improvisation)
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Fairbanks Suzuki Institute (Alaska)
- Western Reserve Chamber Festival
- Early Childhood Enrichment Center at Shaker Heights
Past Teaching Engagements:
- Western Reserve Suzuki School
- The Cleveland Music Settlement
- Aurora School of Music
- Savelli Dance and Martial Arts