Brian Skoog is known for his “strong voice” (Cleveland Classical) and “fine lyric tenor” (Toledo Blade). Recent and upcoming seasons include roles with Aspen Opera Theater, Central City Opera, The Cleveland Opera, Cleveland Opera Theater, Dayton Opera, Nashville Opera, Opera Maine, Pensacola Opera, Toledo Opera and Utah Festival Opera.
An active concert performer and recitalist, he has recently performed with the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Heights Chamber Orchestra, Stambaugh Festival Orchestra and the Toledo Symphony. Skoog was the tenor soloist for the world premiere of Margaret Brouwer’s environmental oratorio Voice of the Lake.
- BM in Vocal Performance, University of Alabama
- MM, PS in Vocal Performance, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Music and Drama Club Award
- Irvin Bushman Memorial Prize in Singing
- Elizabeth Stoeckler Stevens Prize in Lieder
- Cleveland Institute of Music, 2019-Present
- Aspen Music Festival and School, P.A.L.S Program, 2015
- Private Studio in Shaker Heights