Violinist Dr. Carol Ruzicka serves on the Cleveland Institute of Music Preparatory and Continuing Education string faculty. She is a faculty member of the CIM/Case Western Reserve University Joint Music Program in addition to being adjunct Conservatory faculty in chamber music.
Ruzicka appears frequently as a recitalist and chamber musician in the Great Lakes area and twice toured Poland and Germany for concerts and master classes. She is concertmaster of the Cleveland Pops Orchestra and a member of the popular Cleveland-based Amethyst String Quartet.
Ruzicka brings a wealth of musical knowledge to her students. She further enhances their experience with advice and insight into ways of making music relevant in an ever-changing world.
- BM, MM, DMA, Cleveland Institute of Music; studied with David Cerone, Koichiro Harada, Erich Eichhorn and Gerald Gelbloom
- Certificate of Achievement, Cleveland Music School Settlement; studied with Martha Gillespie Shipps
- Additional studies, Meadowmount School of Music
- Fellowship student, Tanglewood
- Cleveland Institute of Music (1984–present)