Jan Mark Sloman is a highly-regarded violinist and dedicated teacher whose multi-faceted career speaks to his passion for the violin, its ability to communicate powerfully and his desire to develop true artistry in the students he guides. He has enjoyed a distinguished career leading orchestral violin sections throughout the U.S. and around the world.
He served as principal associate concertmaster of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. Sloman was also a guest concertmaster with the Pittsburgh Symphony and internationally with orchestras in Florence, Italy; Lugano and Geneva, Switzerland; and Melbourne, Australia.
- University Scholar, Princeton University
- Curtis Institute of Music; studied with the legendary Ivan Galamian
- Other teachers included Joseph Silverstein, Paul Makanowitzky and Jaime Laredo
- Cleveland Institute of Music (2015–present)
- Meadowmount School of Music (2010–17)
- The Institute for Strings (TIFS) (Founder, 1997)
- An educational program with chamber music as its primary focus
- Experienced professional musicians teach dedicated string students the technical and interactive musical skills that provide a solid foundation for the performing experience