Lisa Rainsong's musical life integrates composition, education, vocal performance and natural history. She is particularly interested in writing for solo voice, vocal ensembles and mixed chamber ensembles of voices and instruments. A soprano as well as a composer, Dr. Rainsong is an active performer of medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music. She is also a professional naturalist who specializes in the music of Earth’s first musicians: bird song, insect song and the songs of amphibians.
- BM and MM in composition, Cleveland State University (with Bain Murray, Edwin London and Howie Smith)
- DMA in Composition, Cleveland Institute of Music (with Margaret Brouwer)
- Cleveland Institute of Music (2000–present)
- Teaches undergraduate and graduate theory courses
- Coordinates the Doctor of Musical Arts program