We understand that you are a key partner in financing a college education and the following information will navigate the financial aid process:
- Know that most communication from CIM goes directly to the student's CIM email address (once enrolled) and this includes the billing statements.
- According to the federal regulations, typically undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 are classified "dependent" for financial aid considerations. The following dependency-related questions on the FAFSA are the determining factors as to whether a student is dependent or independent for aid purposes (which has no bearing or correlation to dependency status for IRS tax purposes)
FERPA - Most student records are confidential and protected by federal privacy laws unless a student fills out a FERPA release form. Current and newly confirmed students must give written consent to CIM before CIM is permitted to discuss any student-specific information to a parent, spouse or any other person about student-specific information (such as tuition balance due, financial aid, grades, etc.).
- Helpful Application Information
- Parent Status
- Tax Guide - Student Tax Filing requirements and Educational Tax Credits
- Video about Educational Tax Credits
- Direct Parent PLUS Loan Information: CIM & US government
- Financial Aid Annual Deadlines: Applicants and Returning Students
- Financial Aid FAQ Sheet by Semester
- Room and Board - On-Campus and Off-Campus
- Health Insurance Waiver
- Proof of Enrollment
- 5-year Academic Calendar
- Consumer Information Disclosures