Grounded in the belief that all students benefit from participating in chamber music, CIM offers options for string, piano, woodwind and brass players ages 10-18. Youth learn teamwork and collaboration skills alongside fundamental chamber music techniques and repertoire through weekly coachings. Enrollment includes access to chamber music master classes and conservatory student mentors.
Program at a Glance
- The program offers a comprehensive and refreshingly-fun approach to chamber music playing and is open to string, piano, woodwind and brass players
- There are two divisions: Junior Age 10-13 and Senior Age 14-18
- Weekly coachings are with conservatory and preparatory faculty
- Students have access to chamber music master classes and student mentors
- Chamber music is offered at CIM's University Circle campus
- Auditions are required; limited group placement is available, subject to appropriate matching of age and skill level
To ensure the health and safety of our community, auditions will not be held in person. Rather, 2020 Chamber applicants will submit a recorded audition through our online application. Applications will be accepted after July 1 on a case by case basis, as space allows. If you have any questions about the audition process, please contact the Preparatory team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Recorded audition videos must include the following:
- Two pieces of the student’s choice that are contrasting in mood and technical demand. Students should choose any movement of a concerto paired with a short piece of a different character, either slow or fast, as long as it's in contrast to the first piece.
- One scale of the student’s choice. It should be minimum 3 octaves for string players, 4 octaves for pianists and 2 octaves for wind and brass players.