Grounded in the belief that all students benefit from participating in chamber music, CIM offers options for string, piano, woodwind and brass players ages 10-18. Youth learn teamwork and collaboration skills alongside fundamental chamber music techniques and repertoire through weekly coachings. Enrollment includes access to chamber music master classes and conservatory student mentors.
Program at a Glance
- The program offers a comprehensive and refreshingly-fun approach to chamber music playing and is open to string, piano, woodwind and brass players
- There are two divisions: Junior Age 10-13 and Senior Age 14-18
- Weekly coachings are with conservatory and preparatory faculty
- Students have access to chamber music master classes and student mentors
- Chamber music is offered at CIM's University Circle campus
- Auditions are required; limited group placement is available, subject to appropriate matching of age and skill level
*Our Chamber Music program is designed to offer high-quality instruction in the safest way possible, including virtually and using a hybrid format, as the situation requires.
How to Apply & Audition
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2021! Applications will be accepted until May 15.
To ensure the health and safety of our community, Prep Chamber applicants will be asked to submit a recorded audition through CIM's online application.
Questions about the application and audition process? Please contact the Preparatory team at email@example.com!
- Two pieces of the student’s choice. These pieces should be contrasting in mood and technical demand. You can choose any movement of a concerto paired with a short piece of a different character, either slow or fast, as long as it's in contrast to the first piece.
- One scale of choice with a minimum of 3 octaves for string players, 4 octaves for pianists, and 2 octaves for wind and brass players.