Grounded in the belief that all students benefit from participating in chamber music, CIM offers options for string, piano, woodwind and brass players ages 10-18. Youth learn teamwork and collaboration skills alongside fundamental chamber music techniques and repertoire through weekly coachings. Enrollment includes access to chamber music master classes and conservatory student mentors.
Program at a Glance
- The program offers a comprehensive and refreshingly-fun approach to chamber music playing and is open to string, piano, woodwind and brass players
- There are two divisions: Junior Age 10-13 and Senior Age 14-18
- Weekly coachings are with conservatory and preparatory faculty
- Students have access to chamber music master classes and student mentors
- Chamber music is offered at CIM's University Circle campus
- Auditions are required; limited group placement is available, subject to appropriate matching of age and skill level
Our 2020 applications are now closed. Please check back for information about auditions for the 2021-22 academic year!
If you'd like to learn more about the audition process, please contact the Preparatory team at email@example.com.
Recorded audition videos must include the following:
- Two pieces of the student’s choice that are contrasting in mood and technical demand. Students should choose any movement of a concerto paired with a short piece of a different character, either slow or fast, as long as it's in contrast to the first piece.
- One scale of the student’s choice. It should be minimum 3 octaves for string players, 4 octaves for pianists and 2 octaves for wind and brass players.