Grounded in the belief that all students benefit from participating in chamber music, CIM offers options for string, piano, woodwind and brass players ages 10-18. Youth learn teamwork and collaboration skills alongside fundamental chamber music techniques and repertoire through weekly coachings. Enrollment includes access to chamber music master classes and conservatory student mentors.
Program at a Glance
- The program offers a comprehensive and refreshingly-fun approach to chamber music playing and is open to string, piano, woodwind and brass players
- There are two divisions: Junior Age 10-13 and Senior Age 14-18
- Weekly coachings are with conservatory and preparatory faculty
- Students have access to chamber music master classes and student mentors
- Chamber music is offered at CIM's University Circle campus
- Auditions are required; limited group placement is available, subject to appropriate matching of age and skill level
*Our Chamber Music program is designed to offer high-quality instruction in the safest way possible, including virtually and using a hybrid format, as the situation requires.
How to Apply & Audition
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 academic year! Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until available positions are filled.
To ensure the health and safety of our community, Prep Chamber applicants will be asked to submit a recorded audition through CIM's online application.
Questions about the application and audition process? Please contact the Preparatory team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Two pieces of the student’s choice. These pieces should be contrasting in mood and technical demand. You can choose any movement of a concerto paired with a short piece of a different character, either slow or fast, as long as it's in contrast to the first piece.
- One scale of choice with a minimum of 3 octaves for string players, 4 octaves for pianists, and 2 octaves for wind and brass players.