Eurhythmics at CIM
An exploration of music through movement and sound, taught in a group setting. Students develop sensitivities to musical moods, structure and rhythm through intuitive kinesthetic experiences and games.
Three Eurhythmics programs are offered at CIM; Children's Eurhythmics for ages 3-6, Youth Eurhythmics I for ages 5-10, and Youth Eurhythmics II geared for intermediate musicians ages 11-18. Class sizes range from 5-15 students.
Children ages 3-6 with no previous Eurhythmics experience
Thursdays (Online Only) 3-3:50pm
Saturdays (In Person) 8:30-9:20am
- Experiencing the fun of music in a group setting
- Beginning aural recognition
- Exploring sense of control in their body
- Utilizing drums to build simple rhythmic patterns
- Starting to develop locomotion skills learning to differentiate skip, hop, gallop, walk and run
- Learning dynamic response to music
- Working with patterns and manipulation
Children ages 5-10
Thursdays (Online Only) 4-4:50pm
Saturdays (In Person) 9:50-10:40am
- Extending skills learned in Children’s Eurhythmics and refining, increasing complexity
- Adding all basic notation and rhythmic values
- Beginning the fundamentals of solfège
Students ages 11-18 who wish to further their personal musical development are encouraged to apply. This program is open to students who have the ability to read notation and who are currently taking private lesson instruction and/or playing in a music ensemble.
Thursdays (Online Only) 5-5:50pm
Saturdays (In Person) 2-2:50pm
- Experiencing rhythm away from their instruments through the aural and kinesthetic senses
- Developing a physical connection between pulse and subdivision
- Studying meter, common rhythmic patterns, notation and cross rhythms
- Exploring interpersonal collaboration and improvisation exercises
Details and Enrollment
- Enrollment is open only during the first half of each semester
- Both in-person and virtual classes are offered, contingent on local and federal safety guidelines
- In-person classes are held at the University Circle location, in room 113
- Missed classes due to late registration and/or personal absences are not made up
The Preparatory application for Spring 2021 is now open! To apply, fill out CIM's online application. Our classes are designed to offer high-quality instruction in the safest way possible, including virtually and using a hybrid format, as the situation requires.
Questions? Get in touch with the Preparatory team at email@example.com to learn more about Eurhythmics programs at CIM!