Eurhythmics at CIM
An exploration of music through movement and sound, taught in a group setting. Students develop sensitivities to musical moods, structure and rhythm through intuitive kinesthetic experiences and games.
Three Eurhythmics programs are offered at CIM; Children's Eurhythmics for ages 3-6, Youth Eurhythmics I for ages 5-10, and Youth Eurhythmics II geared for intermediate musicians ages 11-18. Class sizes range from 5-15 students.
CIM is excited to be offering Eurhythmics in-person for 2021-22! CIM continues to follow CDC, state and local guidelines to ensure the safest possible environment for students, families and faculty. Click here to review our most up to date safety protocols.
Children ages 3-6 with no previous Eurhythmics experience
Saturdays: 8:30-9:20am and 10-10:20am
- Experiencing the fun of music in a group setting
- Beginning aural recognition
- Exploring sense of control in their body
- Utilizing drums to build simple rhythmic patterns
- Starting to develop locomotion skills learning to differentiate skip, hop, gallop, walk and run
- Learning dynamic response to music
- Working with patterns and manipulation
Children ages 5-10
- Extending skills learned in Children’s Eurhythmics and refining, increasing complexity
- Adding all basic notation and rhythmic values
- Beginning the fundamentals of solfège
Students ages 11-18 who wish to further their personal musical development are encouraged to apply. This program is open to students who have the ability to read notation and who are currently taking private lesson instruction and/or playing in a music ensemble.
- Experiencing rhythm away from their instruments through the aural and kinesthetic senses
- Developing a physical connection between pulse and subdivision
- Studying meter, common rhythmic patterns, notation and cross rhythms
- Exploring interpersonal collaboration and improvisation exercises
Details and Enrollment
- Enrollment is open only during the first half of each semester
- In-person classes are held at the University Circle location, in room 113
- Missed classes due to late registration and/or personal absences are not made up
Students can now apply for 2021-22! Our classes are designed to offer high-quality instruction in the safest way possible. Apply online today.
Questions? Get in touch with the Preparatory team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Eurhythmics programs at CIM!