An introduction to the elements of music through movement and sound, taught in a group setting. Kids develop sensitivity to musical moods and structure using creative imagination.
Class sizes range from 10-15 students. Youth Eurhythmics is available for two successive years. In the second year, students will build on the skills learned during their first year of training.
Children ages 3-6 with no previous Eurhythmics experience
- Designed to experience the fun of music in a group setting
- Movement and Singing
- Begin aural recognition
- Drums utilized to build simple rhythmic patterns
- Begin to develop locomotion skills learning to differentiate skip, hop, gallop, walk, and run
- Begin learning dynamic response to music
Children ages 4-7 with at least one year of Eurhythmics study
- Extends skills learned in First Year Youth Eurhthmics and refines, increases complexity
- Adds all basic notation and rhythmic values
- Begin the fundamentals of solfège
Intermediate Eurhythmics is designed for students ages 12-18 who wish to further their personal musical development. This program is open to students who have the ability to read notation and who are currently taking private lesson instruction and/or playing in a music ensemble.
- Experiences rhythm away from instruments through the aural and kinesthetic senses
- Develops a physical connection between pulse and subdivision
- Studies meter, common rhythmic patterns, notation and cross rhythms
- Explores interpersonal collaboration and improvisation exercises
Details and Enrollment
- Enrollment is open only during the first half of each semester
- Classes are held at the University Circle location, in room 113
- Missed classes due to late registration and/or personal absences are not made up