An introduction to the basic elements of music through movement and sound, taught in a group setting. Kids develop sensitivity to musical moods and structure using creative imagination.
Class sizes range from 10-15 students. Eurhythmics is available for four successive years, each year building on the skills already learned.
3-4 year olds
- Designed to experience the fun of music in a group setting
- Movement and Singing
- Begin aural recognition
- Drums utilized to build simple rhythmic patterns
- Begin to develop locomotion skills learning to differentiate skip, hop, gallop, walk, and run
- Begin learning dynamic response to music
4-5 year olds
- Extend skills learned in Eurhythmics I, refining, increasing complexity
- Adds all basic notation and rhythmic values
- Begin the fundamentals of Solfege
Designed for students ages 12-18 who wish to further their personal musical development, this offering is open to student who have the ability to read notation and who are currently taking private lesson instruction and/or playing in a music ensemble.
- Explores rhythm away from instruments through the aural and kinesthetic senses
- Develops a physical connection between pulse and subdivision
- Studies meter, common rhythmic patterns, notation, and cross rhythms.