Add your child to the Sato Center placement list
- To enroll in Suzuki, please complete the online application.
- After the application is accepted, students and parents must observe and record five group Suzuki classes. These observations can be completed during a Suzuki open house or during any Saturday classes. No appointments required for observing Saturday classes. Use the Suzuki Observation Sheet to record the classes you observe.
Upon completion of these steps, you will be contacted, and the student will be placed with a teacher.
While waiting to be placed, we encourage you to:
- Read the following required readings for new parents:
- To Learn With Love, William and Constance Starr
- Nurtured by Love, Shinichi Suzuki
- Ability Development from Age Zero, Shinichi Suzuki
- Enroll your child in a Eurhythmics class at CIM
- Begin creating a musical environment for your child by:
- Attending classical concerts at the Cleveland Institute of Music, including recitals offered by the Sato Center
- Listening daily to classical music on the radio
- Listening daily to the Suzuki Vol. 1 CD of the child's desired instrument
Placement within a Suzuki teaching studio
A review of the placement list will be conducted in the spring and summer in preparation for the fall semester. When fall registration is complete, teachers will refer to the placement list for new students to fill any openings in their schedules. Most Suzuki studio placement activity occurs at the beginning of the fall semester. Students ages 4 and 5 will only be placed in the fall semester.
- The parent will be contacted when openings occur in a teacher's schedule, based on the date their card is received.
- Scheduling of lessons will be arranged by the teacher and the parent.
- If a satisfactory lesson time cannot be arranged, the child will remain on the placement list.
Scheduling difficulties may be minimized by not indicating a specific teacher on the placement list card.