The Legacy Society
The Legacy Society was formed in 1999 to recognize those individuals who have helped to ensure the future financial and artistic vitality of the Cleveland Institute of Music by remembering CIM in their wills, trusts or other types of estate plans. Currently there are 198 members of the CIM Legacy Society.
Planned gifts played a vital role in the Campaign for CIM, the successful capital campaign which was completed in 2007. The $42 million raised through the campaign included 27 planned gifts at a value of nearly $6 million.
Legacy Society members have also been key to ensuring the enrollment of gifted students at CIM. Through the dedication of Legacy Society members, 14 endowed funds have been established to provide general scholarship support for CIM students and another 14 to provide scholarship support for students studying a specific instrument, including cello, clarinet, oboe, piano, violin and voice. Scholarships have also been created through planned gifts to provide tuition support for conservatory students of music theory, for an Israeli student, a minority student, students with financial need, and for students enrolled in the Preparatory Division.
The satisfaction you will receive by creating a meaningful legacy for future generations of music lovers through a planned gift to one of America's leading music conservatories is the most enduring benefit of membership in the CIM Legacy Society.
As a Legacy Society member, you receive:
- An invitation to the annual Legacy Luncheon at CIM where you can enjoy a delightful luncheon with fellow Legacy Society members on the stage of Kulas Hall, hear from CIM President Paul Hogle, and listen to performances by outstanding CIM student musicians. Your name will appear in the luncheon program as a member of the Legacy Society.
- Name will be listed on the Legacy Society Wall in the Maltz Lobby of the Lennon Education Building at CIM. Or, your gift can be listed as anonymous if desired.
- Recognition as a member of the CIM Legacy Society in each annual report of the Cleveland Institute of Music.
- Reserved seating at performances of the CIM Orchestra in Severance Hall.
- You will receive the annual guide to concerts and special events at CIM beginning in September, at the start of the school year; the quarterly CIM newsletter, NOTES; the CIM annual report; an invitation to the CIM annual meeting; and notices of special events at CIM.
- In appreciation of your generosity and commitment to the long term excellence of CIM, you will receive personal assistance with your charitable and estate planning questions from the CIM Development Office.