If you’re preparing for conservatory or graduate auditions or wish to hone your performance skills, you can learn from the Cleveland Institute of Music’s acclaimed conservatory faculty this winter!
CIM faculty and distinguished soloists Kathryn Brown and Antonio Pompa-Baldi lead this three-day intensive for pre-college and college students, sharing their best practices, insight and advice for successful audition results. Through master classes, discussions and private lessons, participants will learn about the fundamental building blocks for a successful audition and performance, and how to prepare both artistically and practically for college auditions, competitions and recitals.
About the Virtual Intensive
The intensive takes place December 3-5. Recommended for ages 14-25, the intensive creates opportunities for participants to:
- Observe and/or perform in a master class.
- Receive feedback on their playing.
- Engage in discussions.
- Take one individual lesson with a faculty member.
- Perform in a mock college audition.
Tentative schedule (EST):
- December 3 | 4-10pm
- December 4 | 4-10pm
- December 5 | All-day instruction
*Accommodations will be made for students located in the Eastern Hemisphere.
How to Apply or Observe
Apply and audition to be a participant in the intensive by November 1, or register to observe classes, discussions and the mock audition.
Submit your application and audition by November 1!
- Audition recordings should be submitted in the application form as a link to an unlisted YouTube video. Click here for tips on how to record an audition video.
- Audition recording repertoire should include:
- One five-minute video representative of the applicant’s playing
We welcome observers of all ages to view classes, discussions and the mock audition for a fee. Observers can register here by December 1.
Find the costs and fees to participate in the intensive or to observe.
- Non-refundable application fee: $95
- If selected as a participant, the remaining balance will be $200 to register.
- Those applicants not chosen as participants will be automatically registered as observers at no additional cost.
Observer cost: $95
Observers are welcome to view all classes, discussions and the mock audition. Registration is required; limit one device per registration.
Going Virtual with CIM
We recommend using a wired internet connection for the best experience. If you are unable to connect your desktop, laptop or tablet to the internet using an Ethernet cable, a strong, stable Wi-Fi connection and/or cellular data may be used. Check the speed and strength of your Wi-Fi at speedtest.net; connections of at least 20 mbps (download) and 10 mbps (upload) are best. If yours is below 10 mbps (download) or 5 mbps (upload), you may need an upgrade from your internet provider. Upload speeds below 5 mbps will produce poor quality video and audio.
We also recommend that participants have access to an external microphone and webcam for best video and audio quality.