For more than 70 years, the Women's Committee has proudly supported the talented young musicians of the Conservatory.
The Women's Committee is one of CIM's greatest sources of support, providing time, talent, and treasure. Its 200+ members are an important resource for students. The committee strives to make them feel welcomed and supported from their first audition until they walk across the stage at Commencement.
With a mission to support and strengthen the Cleveland Institute of Music and its students, the Women's Committee consists of the general membership and an elected Board of Directors.
Members of the Committee dedicate their time and efforts to promote and support CIM by providing the greater Cleveland community with opportunities to experience the talents of CIM students and faculty.
The Women's Committee conducts the following signature activities:
- Student Audition Luncheons
- The Jean Wiant Thanksgiving Dinner
- Musical Luncheon Series
- Student Assistance Fund
- Tribute Fund
- Women's Committee Benefit
Please consider joining this vibrant group and making a difference in the lives of young musicians. Your $45 membership fee entitles you to the following benefits:
- Invitations to Musical Luncheons and special CIM events
- Subscriptions to CIM publications, including Notes magazine (quarterly) and electronic publications eNotes (monthly) and the Women's Committee's Musical Musings (quarterly)
- Opportunities to assist Conservatory and Preparatory Division students
- Inclusion in our membership directory (If membership is received by October 1st)
Download a membership form here or call 216.791.5000, ext. 360 to learn more.
Officers / Executive Committee 2015-6
- President: Lydia Champlin
- First Vice President: Edith Miller
- Second Vice President: Kara Girvin
- Third Vice President: Doris Sopher
- Corresponding Secretary: Marilyn Cordial Mincer
- Recording Secretary: Judy Eigenfeld
- Treasurer: Margaret Weitzel
- Assistant Co-Treasurers: Evelyn Faulkner & Sheila Wyse