The Young Composers Program gives composition students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of contemporary music.
We are pleased to announce that we are extending the application deadline for the 2015 Young Composers Program being held at Cleveland Institute of Music from June 14-20, 2015. The new deadline will be Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Please submit the application, application fee, recommendation letter and scores by this date for consideration.
June 14-20, 2015
The Young Composers Program (YCP) is a one-week experience offering students ages 14-19 the opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of contemporary music. YCP helps composition students learn about the field of new music while developing creative and professional skills. The program includes private composition lessons, daily listening sessions and workshops on notating musical ideas. Preparation and performance of student compositions will be presented at a final concert.
The program is directed by CIM's head of composition, the highly regarded composer and teacher Keith Fitch.
Dr. Fitch is joined by composers Jeremy Allen (CIM composition faculty) and Timothy Mauthé (former faculty, CIM and the College of William and Mary).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Young Composers Program is to help composition students (ages 14-19) learn about the field of new music while developing creative and professional skills. During this week-long summer program, students will greatly benefit from:
- A private composition lesson
- A week-long course in the craft of composition
- Exposure to a wide array of important repertoire of contemporary classical music in daily listening sessions
- Workshops on the best ways to notate musical ideas
... and most importantly,
- The preparation (including coaching with faculty) and performance of student works by YCP's Ensemble-in-Residence, ARS FUTURA.
- The student concerts will be professionally recorded and each student will receive a CD of his/her work!
You can download the application here (PDF).
Learn about the Young Composers Program faculty.