Musicians flourish when they play together and gain from the experience of others. Participation not only strengthens the individual student, but students improve their performance levels in their school band program. CIM ensembles are available to young people in Northeast Ohio whether or not they study privately at the Institute.
Members of Beginning and Preparatory Orchestras
If you are a current member of the Beginning or Preparatory orchestra, please be reminded that seating auditions will take place on Saturday, August 30, 2014 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Please report to room 217 for check-in, warm-up, and tune-up. The first full rehearsal for both Beginning and Preparatory orchestra will be Saturday, September 6, 2014.
Music for the seating audition has been mailed. Additional copies are available below:
- Beginning Orchestra Seating Audition - Bass
- Beginning Orchestra Seating Audition - Cello
- Beginning Orchestra Seating Audition - Viola
- Beginning Orchestra Seating Audition - Violin
- Preparatory Orchestra Seating Audition - Bass
- Preparatory Orchestra Seating Audition - Cello
- Preparatory Orchestra Seating Audition - Viola
- Preparatory Orchestra Seating Audition - Violin
Options For All Skill Levels
- Beginning Orchestra
Open to young string players who seek a fun and educational ensemble experience.
- Preparatory Orchestra
Open to intermediate string players looking to advance their ability by developing more mature orchestral skills.
- Youth String Camerata
Open to advanced students looking to experience the special fun and challenge of rehearsing and performing music in the intimate setting of a chamber ensemble.
- Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony
Open to outstanding high school woodwind, brass, and percussion players throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Chamber Music
Open to string, piano, wind, and percussion students to introduce chamber music to players of all ability levels.