About the Fellowship
CIM's Musical Pathway Fellowship (MPF) provides exceptional artistic training for Black and Latinx students who are interested in studying classical music through the Academy. Fellows (grades 6-12) and Apprentices (grades 1-5) receive a full scholarship covering all areas of study.
This immersive experience centers around performance while supporting students holistically through community engagement, mentorship and networking, academic support, college counseling and audition preparation. Upon graduation, Fellows will be equipped to successfully audition for conservatory or university music school.
Already applied to be an Apprentice? Applicants will be contacted during the week of May 1 to schedule an audition.
Each Musical Pathway Fellow receives
- Full participation in Academy curriculum
- Individualized advising and mentorship
- College application and audition guidance
- Focus topic interest sessions
- Summer study support (festivals, camps, lessons, etc.)
- A graduation certificate signed by CIM President and CEO Paul Hogle
The Musical Pathway Fellowship is generously supported by the Paul M. Angell Family Foundation, The Cleveland Foundation, The George Gund Foundation, The Hershey Foundation, KeyBank Foundation, the David and Inez Myers Foundation and the WC & EJ Thornton Foundation.
Have more questions? Connect with the Preparatory team!