Does your child love music? Are they ready to grow with a great teacher?
Through the Academy, they will thrive in a community where fellow students cheer each other on and teachers inspire and challenge them to succeed.
From private lessons to classes, ensembles and performance opportunities, the Academy is a community of passionate students uncovering who they want to be as musicians and individuals.
How to Apply
Let's get started!
- Complete the online application by May 27.
- Submit one reference who is not a relative that can attest to your music making, such as a music teacher or ensemble director.
- Audition in person at CIM. Recorded auditions may be accepted; connect with us to learn more.
Academy auditions will take place in early June. After your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive additional information to sign up for an audition in Cleveland, at CIM, as well as instruction for recorded auditions, if applicable.
Guidelines for your audition:
- We are looking for Academy candidates with potential, passion and drive. We encourage all students to audition with any two pieces or excerpts of their choosing: one that the student loves and enjoys playing, and another that showcases their ability level.
- Composition applicants should submit at least one complete score with an accompanying audio recording of the piece, and one additional piece of the student's choice on any instrument or voice. Works that are in progress will be accepted.
Ready to apply? Eager to learn more about how to best prepare for your audition? Connect with the Preparatory team!