Achieve Career Success in the World of Classical Music
The foundation you build at CIM can prepare you for an extraordinary career. From solo and ensemble performance, composition commissions, teaching positions and portfolio careers, to prestigious graduate programs, students have used their CIM education to create fulfilling careers. Tap into CIM²’s career resources and connect with a career advisor to explore professions and paths that suit your interests and goals.
Online Career Resources:
- Auditionhacker: Learn techniques and strategies for nailing your next audition.
- CIM Libguides: Take a look at career resources found in CIM’s own Robinson Music Library.
- Fractured Atlas: Find a variety of services and information for independent artists, including venue locators, advocacy and fiscal sponsorship.
- Musical America Worldwide: Discover a collection of industry news and blogs, artist manager databases, and more.
- BMI Foundation: Read about awards, scholarships, and more.
- National Endowment for the Arts: Find grant opportunities by artistic field.
- National Federation of Music Clubs: Find local, state and national competitions and awards.
- New Music USA: Discover grants for individuals, composers and ensembles.
- The American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers: Search awards and competitions for composers.
- Tuesday Musical: Learn about their scholarship competition in Ohio.
Career Advising for Students
With the help from CIM², current students can receive career advising to further explore their passions, interests and skills, and find opportunities to advance their art. Contact CIM² career advisors in order to:
- Build your resume, cover letter and bio
- Receive guidance on audition preparation and employment applications
- Learn about graduate programs
- Discover music competitions and job or internship opportunities
- Become aware of networking opportunities and additional career resources and tools
Schedule an appointment today!