Cello Faculty, Suzuki Pedagogy Program, Conservatory
Suzuki Pedagogy Program Department
Hansen serves as full-time faculty at the Sato Center for Suzuki Studies at the Cleveland Institute of Music. In addition to her work with Suzuki students, she conducts a two-year graduate Suzuki teacher-training program, part of a unique dual master’s degree in cello performance and Suzuki pedagogy. An in-demand guest clinician, Hansen has taught and lectured at workshops and institutes throughout the United States and Haiti. She has also performed in several chamber music ensembles in Chicago and has been featured in faculty and alumni recitals throughout the Midwest.
- Lawrence University, BM in cello performance
- Northern Illinois University, (Dutton Low Strings Fellow) MM in cello performance and pedagogy and a Performers Certificate
- Her primary teachers include Betsy Hawtrey, Janet Anthony and Marc Johnson.
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Music Institute of Chicago
- Rockford College Music Academy
- Community School of the Arts at Northern Illinois University
- Music Academy at Lawrence University .