Pianist and vocal coach François Germain has performed extensively in Europe, the United States and Canada. Germain is the recipient of many awards, including first prizes in the Radio-France Competition and the Paul and Verna Gelinas Competition. He has recently performed at the American Church in Paris, Steinway Hall in New York, Mozarteum in Salzburg and Athenaeum in Athens.
A native French and German speaker, Germain specializes in French mélodie, lied and art song. He has given master classes and workshops on French repertoire in Europe and throughout the United States.
He is a founder and editor of the website dictionpolice.com, which provides practical multimedia language and diction tools for classical singers.
- University of Montreal
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques
- Conservatoire Darius Milhaud
Principal teachers include Marc Durand, Jean Saulnier, Bernard Flavigny and Clara Woringer-Kastler.
- Head of the piano department, associate professor of piano and vocal coaching, Crane School of Music at SUNY
- Music staff, Crane Opera Ensemble
- Faculty member, University of Miami Frost School of Music's summer program in Salzburg, Austria
- Guest vocal and language coach for new French productions, Semperoper in Dresden, Germany
- Graduate vocal coach and assistant, University of Montreal