John Simmons has coached, taught and performed at numerous music festivals and schools. He has appeared as pianist in numerous recitals in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Italy and in the U.S. at Weill Recital Hall, Merkin Hall and the Austrian Cultural Forum in New York City.
While in New York, Simmons played in the voice studios of many well-known teachers, including Doris Yarick Cross and Anna Moffo. Simmons is music director and conductor for Nightingale Opera Theater in Hudson, Ohio.
- MM in piano performance, Peabody Conservatory; studied with Yoheved Kaplinsky
- AD in piano performance, Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst, Vienna, Austria; studied with Paul Badura-Skoda
Cleveland Institute of Music
Past Teaching Positions
- Graz Oper, pianist/coach
- Hochschule für Musik in Graz, teaching assistant
- Juilliard Opera Center, associate coach
- CW Post campus of Long Island University, coaching faculty
- Rutgers University, guest professor of collaborative piano