Kathryn Brown has performed around the globe as concerto soloist, recitalist and chamber musician. She gave her New York Recital Debut at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall and has been featured on the Dame Myra Hess Memorial Concert Series in Chicago, at Severance Hall, as well as the German Embassy, the Philips Collection, and the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. International highlights include concerts in Shanghai, China, University of London, Prague’s Rudolfinum Hall, the National Theatre in Ghana, Africa. She performed an extensive tour of Sweden, Africa and Estonia as winner of the United States Information Agency (USIA) Artistic Ambassadour Program She has been featured on the British Broadcasting Network, the PBS Artistry of... series, Chicago’s WFMT Radio,and NPR’s Performance Today. Kathryn Brown is an advocate of contemporary music and has recorded and premiered works by Gian-Carlo Menotti, Keith Fitch, David Tcimpidis, Margaret Brouwer, Michael Hersch and Matthias Pinscher.
Ms. Brown’s chamber music credits include founder of the Myriad Chamber Players with members of The Cleveland Orchestra, the Marlboro Music Festival and Ravinia’s Rising Stars series. Brown also performed at Carnegie Hall with The Cleveland Orchestra as orchestral keyboardist under the baton of Christoph von Dohnanyi.
An accomplished singer and recitalist, Kathryn Brown’s performance highlights include premieres at Severance Hall with the Cleveland Orchestra, as well as feature roles at the Aspen Music Festival and Tanglewood Music Center.
- BM and MM, Piano and Voice, Michigan State University; studied with Deborah Moriarty, Ralph Votapek and Yong Hi Moon
- Peabody Conservatory; studied with Julian Martin
- Private studies in London; studied with Maria Curcio
- Artist Diploma, Cleveland Institute of Music; studied with Paul Schenly
- Piano Faculty, Cleveland Institute of Music: 1993–present
- Gives masterclasses and teaches at summer festivals in US, Asia and Europe
- Artistic Director, 2023 Cleveland International Piano Institute and 2018 Cleveland International Summer Academy