Lynne Ramsey has been first assistant principal violist of The Cleveland Orchestra since 1989, where she holds the Charles and Janet Kimball Chair. Ms. Ramsey was invited to perform the Walton Viola Concerto with the Beijing Philharmonic in China in December 1985 and was the first foreigner to perform in Beijing's new concert hall. Active as a chamber musician, Ms. Ramsey is a member of the Amici Quartet and the newly formed Panorámicos.
- BM and MM, The Juilliard School of Music
- Teachers included Karen Tuttle, Ramon Scavelli and David Dawson
- Cleveland Institute of Music (2001–present)
- Oberlin College Conservatory of Music (1985–1997)
- Aspen Music Festival and School