October 30, 2015
1-Year Master of Music Program
If you are enrolled as an undergraduate student at the Cleveland Institute of Music, during your junior year you can apply for the 1-Year Master’s Program*, which means that in just 5 years, you could leave CIM with your Bachelor of Music AND Master of Music degrees.
Here’s how the program works:
- You must be enrolled at CIM as an undergraduate student
- As long as you are working toward your bachelor's degree and CIM offers a master's degree in your program of study, you can apply.
- You need to be slightly ahead of the 4 year graduation track for your Bachelor's Degree
- You should have room in your schedule to begin graduate level course work your senior year.
- You have to apply and be accepted
- There is an application and audition process during your junior year.
- Your undergraduate scholarship award from CIM will carry over
- You may be eligible for an increase in federal aid if applicable.
Back to Admissions
*The 1-Year Master of Music Program is not available for the Collaborative Piano or Audio Recording programs. For all other programs, you must apply and be accepted.