October 4, 2017
Board of Trustees Announces New, Re-Elected Members
The membership elected three new trustees, re-elected 11 trustees to new three-year terms and recognized retiring trustees and ex-officio members during CIM's annual meeting. The new trustees are Bruce G. Higley, Chairman of A.M. Higley Company; Wendell Maddox, President and CEO of ION Corporation and Trent M. Meyerhoefer, Senior Vice President and Treasurer of Eaton. Learn more about the new trustees:
Bruce G. Higley is a native of Cleveland where he attended Shaker Heights High School. After earning his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Lehigh University, he worked for a large Pacific Northwest Construction firm for several years. Higley returned to Cleveland in 1984 to join the Albert M. Higley Co., a large construction firm where he has served as Chairman since 2008. He has served on the boards of Achievement Centers for Children, Cleveland Chapter of the American Red Cross, Cleveland Music Settlement, Cleveland Sight Center and Cleveland Zoological Society.
Wendell Maddox built ION Corporation into an engineering and manufacturing company it is today. He was appointed to NASA’s Advisory Council, served as Chairman of the NASA Small Business Committee and is a member of NASA’s Minority Business Resource Advisory Committee. Maddox is Chairman of the Minnesota High Tech Association and the White House Council on Small Business from the State of Minnesota. He is deeply committed to his communities, serving on the Minnesota State Board of Education, Hopkins Rotary and Twin Cities Chamber of Commerce.
Trent M. Meyerhoefer has leadership responsibility for all treasury functions and activities at Eaton. Prior to joining Eaton in 1995, he work for Andersen Consulting (now doing business as Accenture). He is a 2015 graduate of Leadership Cleveland and currently serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of The First Tee of Cleveland. Meyerhoefer is a member of the Mayor’s Financial Task Force for the city of Shaker Heights and a member of the finance and audit committee for the Shaker Heights City School District. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Albion College and his MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
The following Trustees were re-elected to three-year terms:
- Carl E. Baldasarre – Managing Director, PNC
- Charles A. Bittenbender –Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary (retired), Hyster-Yale Material Handling, Inc.
- Thomas W. Coffey – Coffey Law LLC
- Charles P. Cooley, III – Senior Vice President and CFO (retired), The Lubrizol Corporation
- Marilyn Sanders Mobley, PhD – Vice President for Inclusion, Diversity & Equal Opportunity, Case Western Reserve University
- Richard W. Pogue – Senior Advisor, Jones Day
- Gary W. Poth – Executive Managing Director, Key Family Wealth
- Susan A. Rothmann, PhD – Founder & President, Fertility Solutions, Inc.
- Donna M. Sciarappa – Regional Managing Partner–Great Lakes Region, McGladrey LLP
- Astri Seidenfeld – Arts Patron & Community Volunteer
- Joseph H. Thomas – President, Thomas & Company LLC
Finally, the Board of Trustees elected the following new ex-officio members:
- Keith Fitch, Chair, CIM Faculty Senate
- Kathryn Jones, representing CIM Governing Members
- Peter T. Kjome (BM ’89, Mack) – representing CIM Alumni – President & CEO, Baltimore Symphony
- Zion Lee – President, CIM Student Government Association
- Marilyn Cordial Mincer – Chair, CIM Women’s Committee – vocalist and independent voice-over talent
Read the full press release from the 2017 annual meeting (page 4-6).