February 9, 2015
Jason Vieaux Wins GRAMMY for PLAY, released on Azica Records
Jason Vieaux (BM'95/John Holmquist), alumnus and head of the Guitar department at the Cleveland Institute of Music is a GRAMMY Award winner, having earned the award for his recently released album PLAY on the Azica label. The album was produced by CIM alumnus and Director of Recording Arts and Services Alan Bise (BM'94/Thomas Knab) and was engineered by CIM faculty member Bruce Egre.
"Still hard to believe this is real!" wrote Vieaux on his Facebook page along with a photo from the red carpet, Sunday, February 8. Not long after that declaration came an uncaptioned photo of Vieaux holding his GRAMMY -- that picture, it seems, says it all.
CIM congratulates Jason, Alan and Bruce on their amazing work and well-deserved recognition.
Read more about CIM's 2015 Grammy nominees here, on cim.edu.
- Jason Vieaux says "Thank You!" [YouTube]
- Cleveland Guitarist Jason Vieaux Wins Grammy [WCPN]
- Cleveland Guitarist Jason Vieaux Won a Grammy Last Night
- Two Cleveland artists take home Grammy Awards in classical categories [Cleveland.com]
- Vieaux and Bishop bring Grammy Awards home
- Ohio Guitarist wins at the Grammy Awards [WKSU]
- Jason Vieaux wins Grammy Award for Play Best Classical Instrumental Solo [WMOT]
- NEOhio Grammy Nominees, Part II: A continued conversation with Bruce Egre and Alan Bise of Azica Records [Cleveland Classical]