Regarded by international critics and audiences as an artist of extraordinary musicianship and rare sensibility since his acclaimed solo recital debut at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, American pianist Gerardo Teissonnière brings to the concert stage an exciting amalgam of the diverse and important musical traditions he represents. From appearances at the Aspen Music Festival in Colorado and Lincoln Center in New York, to concert halls throughout Asia, Europe, North and Latin America, Teissonnière appears in solo recital, as soloist with orchestra, in duo-piano and chamber music performances in major concert series as well as in summer music festivals and media broadcasts throughout the world.
Teissonnière is in great demand for his mentoring of young musicians and conducts master classes and piano pedagogy seminars throughout the world. His students have performed as soloists on numerous occasions with some of the world’s most important orchestras such as The Cleveland Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphony and others, and in solo recital at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center among other venues, winning top prizes at regional, national and international competitions. His recording Beethoven: The Last Sonatas has gathered worldwide acclaim by critics and the press.
For over 30 years, Teissonnière has been a member of the piano faculty at CIM, where he studied with Steinway immortal Vitya Vronsky Babin.
Watch Teissonnière’s interview on the making of Beethoven: The Last Sonatas with Zsolt Bognár, host of Living The Classical Life.
- Early training in San Juan, Puerto Rico with Cecilia Talavera and Luz Hutchinson
- Conservatory (with Jesús Maria Sanromá, disciple of Artur Schnabel, and Alfred Cortot)
- Bachelor's and master's degrees, Cleveland Institute of Music; studied with Vitya Vronsky Babin
- Post-graduate diploma studies in Europe with Dmitri Bashkirov and Joaquín Achúcarro
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Case Western Reserve University
- Member of the artist faculties at Rocky Ridge Music Center in Colorado, the Sulzbach-Rosenberg International Music Festival in Germany and Music Fest Perugia in Italy
- Member of the Si-Yo Music Society Foundation artist roster