Greg Banaszak, one of today’s leading saxophonists, has performed with orchestras and at concert halls throughout the world. As one of the few saxophonists active in both the classical and jazz mediums, Banaszak performs a combination of concertos, solo and chamber music recitals and jazz festival appearances.
As a member of the National Academy of Arts and Sciences, Banaszak is a voting member for the annual Grammy Awards ceremony. He serves on the faculties of the Cleveland Institute of Music and Case Western Reserve University and is the artistic director at Lutheran West.
- BM cum laude, Hartt School of Music
- MM “with distinction,” Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw
- AD, Centre Musical d’Annecy in France
- Teachers include Vincent Abato, Daniel Deffayet and jazz legend Jackie McLean, as well as David Pituch and David Schiavone
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Case Western Reserve University
- Artistic Director, Lutheran West