Greg Banaszak, one of today’s leading saxophonists, has performed with orchestras and at concert halls throughout the world. As one of the few saxophonists active in both the classical and jazz mediums, Banaszak’s portfolio includes concertos, solo and chamber music recitals and jazz festival appearances.
As a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Banaszak is a voting member for the annual GRAMMY Awards. He serves on the faculties of the Cleveland Institute of Music and Case Western Reserve University.
- BM cum laude, Hartt School of Music
- MM “with distinction,” Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw
- AD, Centre Musical d’Annecy in France
- Teachers include Vincent Abato, Daniel Deffayet and jazz legend Jackie McLean, as well as David Pituch and David Schiavone
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Case Western Reserve University