Dr. Jennifer Conner has been an active teacher and composer in the Cleveland area for several decades. Her work spans multiple genres: orchestral, choral and chamber works both secular and sacred, including a large body of works written specifically for young performers. Her orchestra pieces have been performed by The Cleveland Orchestra and the Oregon, Akron, Canton and Grand Rapids symphonies.
A passionate pedagogue, Conner is author of the theory curriculum for the young, Foundations in Music, published by Imaginings Publishing which is used by teachers and institutions both in Cleveland and beyond.
- BA in music, dance, fine arts interdisciplinary, University of California, Irvine
- MM in composition, The Cleveland Institute of Music
- DMA in composition, The Cleveland Institute of Music/Case Western Reserve University
- Principal teachers include Donald Erb and George Tsontakis, composition; Theodore Johnson and Gary Bovyer, clarinet
- Participation in the Aspen Music Festival Center for Advanced Compositional Studies with Bernard Rands
- Cleveland Institute of Music (1989–present)
- Baldwin Wallace Conservatory (1999–present)
- Case Western Reserve University (1993–1994)