A versatile trombonist, Paul Ferguson has performed extensively in both orchestral and jazz settings. Performance experiences include the Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller Orchestras, plus several Broadway touring productions and Las Vegas type shows. He is principal trombonist of the Canton Symphony and Cleveland Jazz Orchestra.
- BM, University of Akron
- MM, Eastman School of Music
- Case Western Reserve University (1988–present)
- Eastman School of Music (Summer Jazz faculty, 1986–1988)
- taught a Jazz Methods class for music education majors
- assisted Rayburn Wright with basic arranging classes
- assisted Ramon Ricker with jazz theory classes