CANCELLED: CIM Presents: Blue Streak Ensemble
This concert is postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Looking Back, Looking Forward
In addition to featuring many alumni and student performers, these concerts highlight some of CIM’s storied composition faculty who have contributed to the art form during CIM’s first century and who will continue to leave an indelible mark on the repertoire in the century to come.
- ERB Woody (1988)
- BLOCH Concertino for Flute, Viola and Piano (1950-51)
- MAZZOLI Lies You Can Believe In (2006)
- DICK Four Elegies and an Epilogue (1949)
- GREENSTEIN Clearing, Dawn, Dance (2010)
Composer and alumnus Donald Erb (MM '53) was the former head of CIM's Composition Department, composer Ernest Bloch was CIM's first musical director and composer Marcel Dick was former CIM faculty.
- Kimberly Zaleski, flute, guest artist (MM ’13, Smith)
- Gunnar Hirthe, clarinet, guest artist (PS ’13, Cohen)
- Larry Herman, trumpet, guest artist
- Mari Sato, violin, guest artist (BM ’94, D. Cerone/Updegraff)
- Yael Senamaud, viola, guest artist
- Khari Joyner, cello, guest artist
- Arseny Gusev, piano, student artist
- Luke Rinderknecht, percussion
Part of the 2021-22 Kulas Visiting Artist Series, generously supported by the Kulas Foundation.
Admission is free and open to the public.
Cleveland Institute of Music
11021 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Safety Protocols: As conditions evolve, CIM's protocols for in-person concert attendance, including vaccination, testing and mask requirements, may be adjusted at any time; find the most current information on the Safety Measures page. Ticketholders will be sent an email with additional details.
Parking / Entrances: All patrons should enter through CIM's Hazel Drive entrance. CIM's parking lot is available for concertgoers. Visit cim.edu/parking for more details.
Accessibility: To inquire about accessibility accommodations, please reach out to the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 216.795.3211.