In the Robinson Music Library you'll find a nurturing environment for the study of music. Our two-level space combines beautiful design with enhanced technology, improved lighting, and furnishings to create an attractive and inviting library. The result is a space that's conducive to study and expanding your musical horizons.
Just as CIM embraces the legacy of the past and promotes the continuing evolution of music, the Library provides a full spectrum of resources, from traditional print materials to electronic resources. We foster CIM students' musical growth and development, and we support faculty initiatives toward developing their students' full artistic potential.
Tour the Library
Contact Denise Green (email@example.com) if you would like to schedule a tour of the Robinson Music Library. If you are a prospective student, please contact CIM's Admission Office for tour information.
Please send a letter or e-mail to the Senior Research Services Librarian, Denise Green, requesting permission to use the library for research. Your message should include the following information:
- Your name and credentials/affiliation
- Your research topic
- The desired start and end date for your research at CIM
- Materials or areas of particular interest. This is especially important if you would like to consult archival materials, since these are in a staff-only area.
We will make every attempt to accommodate your requested timetable, but may suggest an alternative time.
When you arrive at the Cleveland Institute of Music, check in at the Security Desk. They will phone library staff and tell us you have arrived.
Thank you for your interest in the Robinson Music Library. For information about endowments, planned gifts such as bequests and charitable gift annuities, and special gifts in honor or in memory of someone, please contact CIM's Development Office.
Guidelines for gifts of music, books, or audio-visual materials:
- Inquiries should be directed to Denise Green (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All gifts to the Library are unconditional. The Library reserves the right to determine whether an item will be added to the collection.
- CIM does not accept the following types of materials: LPs, home recordings of radio or television broadcasts, photocopies, and music outside of CIM's standard curriculum (for example: popular, jazz). Donations of CDs, books, and sheet music may be accepted under special circumstances if space and staffing allows.
- If a donation is accepted, library staff will fill out a form at the time of the donation with the name and address of the person who should receive the acknowledgement.
- CIM is not able to put a monetary value on your gift. Any donor needing an appraisal for tax purposes should make those arrangements before the items are delivered to the Library.
- CIM is not able to collect materials from a donor's home.