Resources Beyond RML
While Robinson Music Library specializes in materials supporting the curriculum of the Joint Music Program, patrons may need materials for coursework, major areas of performance or research, or other areas of expertise within CIM.
RML patrons can borrow materials from other libraries both nationally through two services: OhioLINK and Inter-Library Loan (ILL).
OhioLINK is a network of university and college libraries throughout the state of Ohio. This service is free and available to CIM and CWRU students and faculty. (Other borrowers may utilize OhioLINK through their local public library.)
If an item for which you are searching is not available here at CIM/CWRU, try searching next in the OhioLINK catalog. Items can be shipped from participating libraries to your desired pickup location in approximately 5 business days.
To request materials:
- Request your library account number at the Robinson Music Library Circulation Desk.
- Find the item you are looking for on the OhioLINK catalog at olc1.ohiolink.edu/search.
- Click the request button.
- Select CWRU as your school or institution and submit.
- Type your full name and library account number under “Guests, login here.”
- Select “CIM – Robinson Music Library” as your pickup location.
- Click the submit button.
Full instructions for OhioLINK including fines, renewals, etc. visit: http://libguides.cim.edu/ohiolink
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
If an item you are looking for is not available at CIM or through OhioLINK, you still may be able to borrow an item through Inter-Library Loan (ILL).
ILL can be used with any library participating in the OCLC network (both nationally and internationally). This means that university, college, and public libraries will share materials and ship them to requesting patrons at other institutions. You can search for these items using the WorldCat catalog--remember to note the OCLC number for the item.
To request materials:
- Check the CIM/CWRU library catalog to determine if your item is available. (Items available locally or through OhioLINK will not be ordered through ILL.)
- Search WorldCat to determine the item's OCLC number (listed at the bottom of the item's record under Accession Number).
- Complete the online ILL Request Form with information from the WorldCat record.
Full instructions for ILL including request details, item availability, etc. visit: http://libguides.cim.edu/ILL
A: OhioLINK is free for all patrons of participating OhioLINK libraries.
Most Interlibrary Loan libraries do not charge borrowing fees, but some libraries do charge for lending via Interlibrary Loan. The Robinson Music Library will absorb lending costs up to $25 per patron, per year. Requests exceeding this limit can be processed, but patrons will be contacted before materials are sent.