In-Library Forms

  • Recall Requests

All patrons are guaranteed to have any checked out item for two weeks (with the exception of media). Items checked out longer than two weeks are subject to recall by other library patrons.

If an item is currently checked out, you can inquire at the Circulation Desk if it is available to be recalled.

Recall Request forms may be filled out at the Circulation Desk. It typically takes three days for an item to be recalled. The fine for overdue recalled items is $1/day.

  • Storage Requests

A portion of the library's print collection, including books, scores and bound magazines, is located in a storage room. Bound magazines/journals dated prior to 2005 will be located in local or offsite storage. If the online library catalog indicates the location is "CIM Storage" or "JMP Off-site Storage", submit a storage request form to access the item.

Storage Request forms may be filled out at the Circulation Desk or e-mailed to the Circulation Supervisor ( Please allow 24 hours for the retrieval of the item(s).

Online Forms

Our Research Services Librarians are happy to meet with library patrons individually to discuss research & writing questions. Whether it's locating sources on a particular topic, finding a particular edition of a score or recording of a work, or creating Chicago-Turabian citations for a paper, we are here to help you. Additionally, librarians are available for questions regarding professional documents (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), copyright inquiries, and other questions you may have--ask us anything!

Use the form above to ask a particular question or set up an appointment with our librarians to discuss your research needs.

Some items are listed in the library catalog as being in "JMP Offsite Storage". These are items reserved for CIM Conservatory Students and Faculty and CWRU Music Students and Faculty that are located in CIM's offsite storage facility. To get access to those items, send in the request form above, and you will be notified when the item is available in Robinson Music Library.

Need to use an item/resource owned by a library other than those at CIM or CWRU? Use the form above and the information in the link below to submit your Inter-Library Loan request.

Additional Information: How to Request ILL Materials

CIM Students and faculty can request individual orchestral parts for study. To submit a request for orchestral parts, submit the form above.

Is there an item that you would like to recommend Robinson Music Library at CIM purchase for our collection? Submit the form above to let us know!