CIM consults the guidance of CDC as well as state and local health agencies, and observes the protocols of our peer schools and presenting organizations when forming and managing COVID-19 safety protocols. CIM proudly presents hundreds of free performances each year, but our core mission is to serve the students and faculty who make the artistic home within CIM’s walls. With that in mind, and with the help from the Elliott & Gail Schlang Health & Well-Being Initiative, please note the following campus-wide policies and procedures:
Building access & masks
- All students and employees are required to use ID/access cards to access the building and complete the Daily Symptoms Check prior to entering the building each day.
- Masks are mandatory for everyone inside the building. The term “masks” means fabric masks, surgical masks or N95 masks (no bandanas or gators) worn securely over the nose and mouth.
Concerts, Events and tours
- Campus is open to masked visitors for tours, concert attendance and other meetings and events. Specific guidance about how to enter the building and what may be required will be communicated through email when you schedule a tour or meeting, or when you reserve a ticket with the CIM Box Office.
- All concerts (except student recitals) require a ticket, which can be reserved by visiting CIM’s events page. Tickets will be limited to half the normal capacity in Kulas and Mixon halls.
cleaning and Disinfection
- CIM has added daytime cleaning service, focused on high-touch areas such as restrooms, door handles, railings, kitchens and common areas. Regular nighttime cleaning continues as usual.
- Disposable, healthcare-grade hydrogen peroxide wipes are available at every piano, and regular sanitizing wipes are available in classrooms and studios, as well as at stations throughout the building hallways.
- Several new permanent hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the building, and extra surface disinfectant and hand sanitizer continue to be available.
- CIM has industry-standard HVAC filtration and ventilation systems. The air in all spaces is replaced between 10 and 13 times per hour, and all air in the building is replaced twice in every 24-hour period.