Auditioning for CIM
Audition days at CIM, whether they are held virtually or in person, are a window into what it's like to be a student at the Institute and in University Circle, Northeast Ohio's cultural hub and home to world-renowned museums, the prestigious Severance Hall, eclectic restaurants, stunning parks, and more.
Auditions will be conducted both virtually and in-person for fall 2023. Learn more about the required repertoire for fall auditions.
Dates for Fall 2023 Entrance
- September 1, 2022 | Application opens
- December 1, 2022 | Application & prescreening video deadline
- February 5, 2023 | Live, virtual auditions
- February 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2023 | In-person auditions
- Late March 2023 | Admittance decisions & scholarship awards announced
- April 15, 2023 | Graduate decision deadline
- May 1, 2023 | Undergraduate decision deadline
All applicants in the following programs require an in-person audition in Cleveland:
- February 12 and 13, 2023 | DMA Auditions, interviews and testing
- February 19 and 20, 2023 | Artist Diploma Auditions
All applicants in the following areas of study require an in-person audition in Cleveland:
- Collaborative Piano*
- Orchestral Conducting
- Timpani and Percussion
*We accept virtual auditions for international Collaborative Piano, Composition and Viola applicants.
Please connect with the Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Audition dates for your area of study are available on our Audition Day page.