Auditioning for CIM
Audition Days at CIM are a window into what it's like to attend the Institute and live in University Circle, Northeast Ohio's cultural center and home to world-renowned museums, the prestigious Severance Hall, eclectic restaurants, stunning parks, and more.
Auditions will occur entirely online for all areas of study. Recorded audition videos are due October 1. If needed, a virtual meeting will be scheduled by the Admissions Office.
Auditions will be live in Cleveland. We understand that the pandemic continues to affect many families and their ability to travel. The Admissions Office and faculty are prepared to switch to partial or full virtual auditions. More information will be released closer to the December 1 deadline. Learn more about the required repertoire for Fall auditions.
Dates for Fall 2022 Entrance
- September 1, 2021 | Application opens
- December 1, 2021 | Application & prescreening video deadline
- February 1, 2022 | Virtual audition video deadline*
- February 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2022 | Live auditions
- Late March, 2022 | Admittance decisions & scholarship awards announced
- April 15, 2022 | Graduate decision deadline
- May 1, 2022 | Undergraduate decision deadline
*Certain areas of study require a live audition, and are not eligible for a virtual audition at this time. All of the following applicants must audition live in Cleveland:
- All artist diploma and doctor of musical arts candidates
- All collaborative piano, orchestral conducting, timpani, percussion and viola applicants
- All US-based composition and viola applicants; international applicants may audition virtually