Your legacy commitment to CIM empowers extraordinary musicians to transform the world through their performances and to be the future of classical music.
Donating to the Cleveland Institute of Music in your will, trust, insurance or life income arrangement will contribute to the success of CIM and its world-class students for future generations. The 1920 Society recognizes patrons that have made a legacy commitment.
Members of the 1920 Society receive recognition in CIM@Severance concert programs and in the donor listing at the CIM Annual Meeting, an invitation to the annual 1920 Society luncheon and additional exclusive benefits throughout the academic year.
If you have arranged for a legacy gift to benefit CIM or would like more information on ways to do so, please contact Leadership Giving Officer Katherine Callahan at 216.795.3129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A planned gift is a contribution that you agree to make at a future time to benefit CIM. These types of gifts can include:
- Marketable securities
- Real estate
- Life insurance
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Charitable gift annuities
In addition to financial benefits, a planned gift is a wonderful way for you to leave a legacy and to support an organization which you love.
Although benefits vary depending on the type of gift you choose, many of the planned giving options share these features:
- A federal income tax deduction for all, or a portion of the gift;
- Elimination of some or all of the capital gains tax at the time of the transfer for certain assets;
- Increased financial security for you or your heirs while providing meaningful support for CIM;
- Income for life paid to you and/or other beneficiary, such as a spouse or other family member; and
- Increased income if a gift is made to a life-income plan that produces a higher yield than the donated assets, which is often the case with securities.