For more than 70 years, the Women's Committee has proudly supported the talented young musicians of the Conservatory.
The Women's Committee is one of CIM's greatest sources of support, providing time, talent, and treasure. Its 200+ members are an important resource for students. The committee strives to make them feel welcomed and supported from their first audition until they walk across the stage at Commencement.
With a mission to support and strengthen the Cleveland Institute of Music and its students, the Women's Committee consists of the general membership and an elected Board of Directors.
Members of the Committee dedicate their time and efforts to promote and support CIM by providing the greater Cleveland community with opportunities to experience the talents of CIM students and faculty.
The Women's Committee conducts the following signature activities:
Student Audition Luncheons
Offered during the audition process for prospective students, volunteers serve hot meals free of charge to musicians and their families. Auditions can be stressful and these lunches provide comfort and alleviate the need for families to find a place to purchase a meal.
The Jean Wiant Thanksgiving Dinner
This event provides a special holiday dinner to students who live too far away or are, for other reasons, unable to travel home for the holiday. For international students, it's a delicious way to learn about this American tradition.
Musical Luncheon Series
The Series takes place at various venues around the Cleveland area and each luncheon includes a performance by CIM students and faculty.
Student Assistance Fund
The Student Assistance Fund was established to support students so they might attend and participate in activities to further advance their musical abilities and/or education. Contributions have the potential to send students to workshops, seminars, music festivals, competitions, and auditions with professional orchestras.
This fund serves to honor or preserve the memory of family and friends in a special way. Contributions help support the Student Assistance Fund.
Women's Committee Benefit
Every other year, the Committee hosts a major benefit featuring some of music's biggest names as entertainment. Past musical guests include Dave Brubeck, Doc Severinsen, Marvin Hamlisch, Bobby McFerrin and Roberta Flack.
Please consider joining this vibrant group and making a difference in the lives of young musicians. Your $45 membership fee entitles you to the following benefits:
- Invitations to Musical Luncheons and special CIM events
- Subscriptions to CIM publications, including Notes magazine (quarterly) and electronic publications eNotes (monthly) and the Women's Committee's Musical Musings (quarterly)
- Opportunities to assist Conservatory and Preparatory Division students
- Inclusion in our membership directory (If membership is received by October 1st)
Download a membership form here or call 216.791.5000, ext. 360 to learn more.
Officers / Executive Committee 2017-18
- President: Marilyn Cordial Mincer
- First Vice President: Diane Ellis
- Second Vice President: Gayle Konet
- Third Vice President: Doris Sopher
- Corresponding Secretary: Jean Koznarek
- Recording Secretary: Susan Schwarzwald
- Treasurer: Margaret Weitzel
- Assistant/Benefit Treasurer: Karen Bower
All Board Members
Barbara Ann Davis